At the outset of each building project we aim to identify and minimise the risks to the environment. We actively endeavour to use sustainable materials, recycle where possible, and maximise the efficient use of materials through value construction.
It is not only our duty to prevent and minimise waste but also to maximise its potential as a valuable resource through recycling. We constantly update and review all procedures involving activities which will have an impact on the environment in Jersey.
Rok Construction Limited is committed to reducing the environmental impacts causes by the day to day activities of our business. We will work to improve the environmental impact of our organisation by following these core principles:
- We will comply with the requirements of environmental legislation and approved codes of practice.
- We will aim to improve environmental performance.
- We will reduce pollution, emissions and waste arising from our activities.
- We will reduce the use of all raw materials, energy and supplies.
- We will raise awareness, encourage participation and train employees in environmental matters.
- We will encourage similar environmental standards from all suppliers and contractors.
- We will assist customers and clients to use products and services in an environmentally-sensitive way.
- We will liaise with the local community.
- We will participate in discussions about environmental issues.