Health & Safety.
Health & Safety.
We provide all our employees with safe plant and safe systems of work, sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision, a safe working environment and adequate facilities and arrangements for their welfare at work. All working activities are covered by the Health and Safety at Work (Jersey) Law 1989.
We ensure that the health and safety of our employees and members of the public are not affected by our building activities. All employees, contractors and visitors are inducted onto each site and given a safety briefing by the site foreman before they can proceed. We ensure all persons on site have the correct safety clothing and equipment, this is rigorously enforced by each site manager on each building project.
All employees working on site carry a JSAT Card.
JSAT is an on-line basic health and safety awareness test. It is not an examination of an individuals' competency, but is intended to raise awareness of health and safety issues in construction.
The Jersey Safety Awareness Test (JSAT) can assist employers in complying with the general duties placed on them under Articles 3 and 5 of the Health and Safety at Work (Jersey) Law 1989 and the Health and Safety (Management in Construction) (Jersey) Regulations 2016.
- We will comply with the requirements of environmental legislation and approved codes of practice.
- We will aim to improve environmental performance.
- We will reduce pollution, emissions and waste arising from our activities.
- We will reduce the use of all raw materials, energy and supplies.
- We will raise awareness, encourage participation and train employees in environmental matters.
- We will encourage similar environmental standards from all suppliers and contractors.
- We will assist customers and clients to use products and services in an environmentally-sensitive way.
- We will liaise with the local community.
- We will participate in discussions about environmental issues.