Rok Trainee Site Manager named JeCC Star of the Future
Congratulations to our trainee site manager, Brooke Slatter, who was named Star of the Future at the Jersey Construction Council (JeCC) Awards 2022.
The award, sponsored by Highlands College and Skills Jersey, aims to highlight and recognise those whose efforts and abilities exceed expectations; encouraging them to go onto greater achievements in their construction careers.
Brooke joined Rok in October 2020 (most recently working on the Five Oaks Trade Park project) and is studying for her Masters in Construction Management with Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh. In her work and her studies, Brooke fulfills the judging criteria, as someone who
- is a team player with a “can do, will do” attitude and an understanding of his/her employer’s vision for the organisation
- able to evidence high standards of work across a range of products/projects, under a range of conditions and timescales
- able to draw on his/her industry skills and personal attributes successfully to overcome a range of challenges
- developing as a positive role model for young people within his/her organisation or the wider sector
- able to demonstrate progression within his/her career, outlining all relevant training undertaken.
- committed to the long-term future of the industry, its clients, employers and the wider community
The construction industry offers a range of varied and interesting roles, and Rok provides a supportive, career-focused workplace, where trainees can earn, learn and gain experience - progressing their career seamlessly, all from Jersey.
Learn more about Careers at Rok.